The BC Wheelchair Basketball Society (BCWBS) is a dynamic organization actively committed to promoting opportunities for participation, recreation, competition, and excellence in the sport of wheelchair basketball in British Columbia.
BCWBS is dedicated to supporting the development, promotion, and growth of wheelchair basketball in British Columbia by providing quality leadership, programs, and services, for all who wish to participate.
Constitution & Bylaws
- Participating in wheelchair basketball enriches people's lives;
- Wheelchair basketball is a vehicle for social change through public awareness;
- Quality leadership and coaching is essential for the development of wheelchair basketball;
- Inclusion within the sport system is fundamental in achieving equity and access;
- In building partnerships and fostering relationships to promote growth in our sport;
- In targeting our efforts towards individuals with physical disabilities while supporting the integration of the able-bodied participant;
- In being member driven and athlete focused;
- In supporting our members at all levels of the sport continuum while in the pursuit of their individual potential;
- In valuing our members by acknowledging their efforts and celebrating their achievements;
- In conducting ourselves with the highest moral and ethical standards;
- In the value of excellence.
- To encourage the development of, and participation in, wheelchair basketball;
- To promote awareness of wheelchair basketball in the community;
- To promote the sport of wheelchair basketball as an integrated activity for all who wish to participate;
- To provide opportunities for all levels of participation including developmental, recreational, competitive and elite;
- To encourage and support regional development of wheelchair basketball throughout British Columbia.